Crank House, situated on the corner of Main Street and Crank Road has a long and varied history in the town. It is an early Georgian six bay two storey building constructed in 1750 and one of only two full height bow fronted Georgian properties with conical roof fronting on Main Street. An integral carriage arch leads to a cobbled courtyard on the southern end. Like many of the buildings on Banagher’s Main Street, it is likely a composite of earlier structure and in the case of Crank House it is likely to originally have been two town houses. Aside from this it has also been formerly used as a brewery from which it was converted into a malt house in the early nineteenth century. It was also used as a Technical School in the early part of the 20th century. Since the mid-1980’s this building is a community owned enterprise and has been a hub for local development with a tourist office and space for offices, meetings, and cultural activities.